Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, January 01, 2007


Happy New Year.

Today Arnie and I noticed that a store front near his house was being turned into some sort of office. We didn't know what it was going to be, but there were computers, desks, and a newly painted accent wall in a 'let's stay awake and vibrant so we get more work done' neon orange.

On the door is an old handle that says 'Salada Tea.' I've always liked it, and worried that if this is going to be a 'respectable' business the owners might take it off and replace it with something more modern.

So I devised a plan. I'm going to leave a note for the owners letting them know that I like the sign/handle/thing and if they are going to get rid of it, I would take it. I'd leave my number, or maybe a day and time that I would come back, or Arnie's address so they could leave it there.

I don't know what I would do with it. Most likely it would sit in a corner of my apartment forever. But the idea that it would thrown away makes me sad, maybe someone was really proud of this little kitschy thing they put up and it was just going to be thrown away and forgotten.

I never left a note.

5 Comments:

Blogger Arnie said...

Man, i'm all over this blog all of a sudden. I'm like the new Doug.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

You were Doug before Doug was cool.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you at least talk to Doug over the holiday? What did he say?

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's face it: Arnie is the gay Doug.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

Ryan, at least post as yourself and not anonymous. Jeez.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home