Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, December 26, 2006


A few years back my Grandma started a 'girls’ night out' post holiday trip, which is now considered tradition. Although I don't know how long you have to repeat something for it to become a tradition...but we consider it one anyway. Basically she takes all her girls downtown (not everyone could make it this year) for movie and a nice dinner, we stay overnight at the Knickerbocker Hotel, the next day we go shopping on Michigan Avenue, and then we have high tea at The Drake. It's nice for my aunts because they get a night away from their kids, and I get to pretend like I'm a tourist in my own city.

So we catch up, talk about movies, and the conversation usually devolves into parenting and kids in general.

Julie: Sarah, you are turning 28 on January 8th. It's time to start thinking about the future.

Peggy: What are you talking about? She's turning 25 on the 8th; you have all the time in the world.

Julie: Yeah, I guess you’re still pretty young. God, you're a long way away from being our age. Just wait till you're like us!

Peggy: Yeah, has been's.

I'm looking forward to turning 27 on January 4th.

4 Comments:

Blogger blob bladewig said...

this whole exchange is hilarious.
It was nice to see you, Sarah.

Happy late birthday.
I hope 27 treats you well.

-bob

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Doug invited?

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that would have been too much. I love imagining what Doug would say to Peggy and Julie!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
Looks like I wasn't the only one confused with your birthdate...
so happy belated birthday on the 4th.. not the 2nd :)

-Catherine

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home