Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, December 25, 2006



Christmas Day with my Grandparents.

Grandma: Look at what my husband got me for Christmas. Two pewter roosters that look like they are fighting.

Grandpa: After 50 Christmas' together you have to get creative.

Grandma: I love them. They remind me of the first picture I bought on our first trip to France. (She pulls this picture off the wall of a red rooster in a red frame.) Remember what you got me for our first Christmas? It was this tiny cashmere yellow sweater. It was obscene. I dyed it black, but even then I couldn't wear it. He bought it off a woman's back, you know.

Grandpa: Back then I was working on Michigan Avenue and they had this great little clothing store where men would go in after work, drink, smoke cigars, and the waitresses were wearing the clothes you could buy. It looked good on her, so I figured it would look good on you. And it did.

Grandma: Yeah, she was wearing the sweater and her underwear that was it. I could never wear that thing in public.

Grandpa: Who said you had to?

Merry Christmas.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the two "fighting" roosters!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about the cocks

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey-
i'm Sarah also...and i'm also a chicago to boston trasplant. :) i have a few months left of a two year grad program and have gotten to know boston pretty well. if you ever need anything/have questions/whatev...drop me a line!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did Doug get for your Grandparents?

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home