Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, December 28, 2006


Arnie was still in Ohio visiting his family when I got in town on Christmas Eve. I was surprised to find my Christmas gifts on his bed, which included a stuffed bear and a note saying he thought the bear might be hokey but I could take it back to Boston and when I felt lonely I could hug it and think of him. I guess that's what stuffed animals are for; a receptacle for hugs when the people you love are not around.

Then I went into the family room and found Arnie's Christmas gift to himself. A giant 56 inch flat screen TV. I called him that night and let him know that I got in safe, and saw all the new things.

Arnie: I didn't tell you about the TV cause I wanted it to be a surprise and to see what you think!

This is a very 'boy' thing to do, I think. Surprise! Aren't you surprised at my new TV? Look! A new TV! I suppose it satiates a primal hunting nature....and a love for HD.

Me: You do realize that you have a social responsibility now. You have to have people over to watch football every weekend.

Arnie: No, people can get their own giant TV!

Me: What about the Superbowl?

Arnie: Maybe.

Tonight we tried to find a good movie to watch on the giant TV and decided on Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. It was pretty awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

And Arnie's tiny Christmas tree has found a home next to his television too.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Arnie said...

That tree is Young's.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even Young's tree looks good.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home