Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, October 05, 2006


Received another package today, this time from Liam.

We were each other’s first relationship that lasted a year in high school. Our first kiss akwardly happened at Vito's pool. He was a tall gangly wacky guy (pardon my generalizations) and I was a quieter more sullen teenager. After high school we got together for lunch or drinks about once a year.

That only lasted about three years but thanks to MySpace (finding people you thought you'd never talk to is the only thing it's good for, right?) we found each other again. Now he lives in San Francisco and writes for a newspaper.

Liam (via email): I actually took my first comedy class ever last week. Mostly because the journalism I’ve been doing is way too fuckin’ depressing. I’m trying to find more subversive ways of communicating information without beating people over the head with mind-numbing stats and sob stories. Please don’t think that just because I live in San Francisco I’ve turned into a gay, communist hippie.

And he has a blog too.

Liam: It's basically a semi-humorous news update about how fuct up everything is. As you know, I've always been a smart ass, so I guess this is just my way of dealing with ... everything.

It feels like we've swapped perspectives (again, the thing about the generalizations) and I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an bar code address scanner and I totally know where you live now.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

Ryan-

You already know where I live. Jackass.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home