Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, September 25, 2006


Today the White Sox were eliminated from the post season race. No titles will be defended this year.

Despite this, it has been a fun baseball season with a lot of firsts. Scott (the one pointing to himself) caught his first baseball, eight people got to see their first Sox game cause I dragged them, and I saw my first game outside of Chicago.

My favorite memory from this season was the night Cowlick went to watch the Sox play the (sigh) Minnesota Twins a week before I moved. I've never heckled a player, but the White Sox were doing really poorly so we started yelling at Brian Anderson at the top of the 9th. Not wanting to heckle my own team I decided to yell things like:

"Hey Brian! I like your new haircut!"

"Brian! I know the tone of my voice is condescending but I really enjoy you as a player!"

Here's to spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home