Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, September 17, 2006


A conversation before my first show at the Theater:

Jeremy: Do you know Leah _______? She performed here for a few years and then moved to Chicago.

Me: Not really. I used to see her around the Playground but we don't really know eachother.

Jeremy: You two are totally alike. Like everything you say and do. It's really scary.

My first reaction was defensive. 'So I have an improv doppelganger? Great. Am I not very original? They're probably wrong. Sure we might be alike, but I bet we're not really.'

Since then the cast can't get enough of pointing this out. Everyday. I say something and people will respond with 'Really Leah?' 'Oh, that's so Leah,' 'Shut up Leah.' It never ends.

So Leah visited this week for the Boston Comedy Festival. I saw her two woman show(of course she has a two woman show...I had a three woman show in Chicago) 'Somebody's in the Dog House.' It was really great...and I did see similarities.

Last night she sat in with The Midnight Show so we got to perform together and then had some drinks at Micah's house.

Me: So...has anyone here told you that we're alike?

Leah: Oh yeah. Constantly. But I'll admit I was going to go out in one scene and do this character but you got up and did it first.

Me: I noticed we matched characters in every seen we were in together, did you notice that?

Leah: Yeah...I did. Huh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to think about this prospect. I have spent a good amount of time with both of you. Hmmmmm. Maybe. I think you are a bit sportier than Leah. If you see her tell her, HELLO! from me. Say it like Uncle Leo from Seinfeld. She'll get it.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home