Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, September 21, 2006


Had a show tonight and was suprised by a high school friend, Vito, who came to the show. We haven't seen eachother in about 6 years. He lives in Boston.

Vito: I really hate improv. When done well it's usually better than a scripted play, but that's so rare. But I really enjoyed your show...and I hate to sound like a dad...but ...ahhh...I'm really proud of you. (and later) I hate blogs but I've seen yours. It doesn't matter if someone is a good writer as long as you have something to tell. People just want a good story.

When we were in high school Vito and I spent a lot of time together. We caddyed together in the summers, talked on the phone constantly, I taught him how to smoke, he gave me a copy of a book which is still my favorite to this day. But it was one of those things...he moved to Rhode Island for college and we just lost touch.

So we played catch up but that didn't last long. It was like no time had passed and we just ended up talking about whatever came up.

I'm not sure how much time we will end up spending together but just knowing he's here gives me a certain familial comfort. I forget how different conversations are when the person has known you for so long. I have no good way to describe it.

Me: You haven't really changed much.

Vito: Well I'm much less robotic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home