Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Saturday, July 28, 2007


New York Day Two: Superheroes!

Moving to a new city is kind of like going back to kindergarten. You've got to make new friends in a place where no one knows you. I didn't worry about this too much before I moved, maybe I should have thought about it more.

I've been on Stottlemeyer about three months now. They are great people, I mean really wonderful, and were very welcoming to me and Hedges, the other new teammate.

I didn't worry about making new friends when I moved back; didn't even cross my mind. But I feel more than lucky to have made some. It's kind of restored my faith that I have the ability to make new friends, because I wondered, and handful of times, while sitting on my couch in my apartment in Boston, if something was wrong with me.

Thankfully, it looks like nothing is wrong. Please pass the juice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi friend!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Maria Ciampa said...

Hey I was there that night! I didn't see you. I got there real late. Fablog (that's a new word I made up which is a conjunction of fabulous and blog)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home