Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, July 22, 2007


Arnie and I finished Gears or War today.

For those of you who may not know, Gears of War is a video game. Two people can play together to fight the aliens that have taken over the earth.

My love for video games has been reignited, wholly due to Arnie, in the last four months. I haven't played them since I was twelve, when Sonic the Hedgehog was the best game we had.

Video games have changed a lot, and I'm not great at them. Plus, they are incredibly scary. One level was completely dedicated to building the suspense. There were no aliens but there was scary music and alien whispers. When a small alien finally jumped out of a window, I screamed...like I was being killed...in real life. It was Arnie's favorite part of the game.

Arnie: I also like hiding behind things. That's how I would fight in a war. By hiding behind things as much as possible.

My favorite aspect of the game was that when you died, you weren't really dead, just injured. Arnie's character could pick me up and I'd be alive and ready to fight aliens. He only left me for dead once.

1 Comments:

Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

An email from Tyler:

Gears is awesome, all the cool improvisors play it. Play with us online!!

your pal,

Marcus Fenix

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home