Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, July 15, 2007


Some light Sunday reading:

St. Rocco, originally from France, set out to Italy to heal those dying of the plague; using only sign of the cross and prayer. On his way he healed people in four different cities before contracting the plague himself, evident by an open sore on his leg. He was banished from the city and hid in a cave. A nobleman, with the help of a dog, found him and brought him to his castle to rehabilitated him. For another three years he cured the sick in Italy before returning home to France. When he returned he was so gaunt that no one recognized him. They threw him in jail claiming he was a spy, and he died.

Feast season is in full swing in Boston and today is St. Rocco's feast day. There is a parade at 2pm on Prince Street, going past my old apartment. I'm 99% sure there will be a marching band. I am 100% sure I would have taken a picture of them if I was there.

Instead I'm here, looking up dermatolgists on the internet because for the first time in three years, I have a job that offers affordable health insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home