Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, July 10, 2007


ComedySportz: Day Two

Yesterday marked the beginning of a long training process (5 days a week for 5 weeks) before I begin to perform. ComedySportz is short form improv (basically, what you see on 'Who's Line is it Anyway', but on speed) so I'll be learning about 100 games along with the many other things that go into a show.

ComedySportz is moving to its new location in 2 months. Essentially it has been homeless for a couple of years. The Chicago Center for the Performing Arts was nice enough to let them perform on one of their stages.

Currently, Collaboraction also has a show, The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow, running at the Chicago Center for the Performing Arts, which was produced and (I think) assistant directed by my ex-boyfriend, Joel.

I ran into him, and his parents who were visiting, about a week after I moved back to Chicago. He said the show (Jenny Chow) was doing very well, and asked about Boston, and why I was back, and what I was doing now. After about 15 minutes of catching up, I decided it was time to go. As I hugged his step dad, he leaned to me and whispered 'We miss you.' I sincerely replied, 'I miss you too.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home