Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, January 23, 2007


One thing all i.O. teams have in common is that eventually they will be cut from the schedule. Some come to a natural end, having the performers move on to other projects, and some are cut before they are ready.

Today Psychoplasmics got cut from the schedule. I didn't get the sense that everyone on the team was ready, but they were together for over a year. I'd guess that the average shelf life of a team is about 6-8 months. I'm proud that the team lasted so long and that I was able to play with them for as long as I did.

A cut team usually has one more show on the schedule; a final goodbye so friends and family can see them perform one last time and the team members can get some closure. Unfortunately some teams do not have a last show and are put to rest like a john doe in an unmarked grave.

As it turns out Psychoplasmics did not have a 'last show.' In fact, their last show was the one I performed in. I've gotten a few emails from people on the team saying that my presence was bad luck and ultimately led to their demise. They are joking of course, but it's possible that my bad luck with electronics has bled into other parts of my life...who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home