Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, January 18, 2007


Uh oh. I may have done something wrong.

During my birthday party someone had mentioned this blog. Jesse's ears perked up and he wanted to know more, specifically if I had mentioned him. I told him I had and he said he'd check it out.

Jesse (via text): You make me sound like a blubbering idiot but otherwise good work.

Arnie had said eventually I'd alienate people with the blog, that it came with the territory. Since then I've had more than one person say they are not exactly happy with my portrayal of them, including Arnie, but it comes with the territory, right?

But I felt horrible after I got Jesse's text. It would be an understatement to say that I've been protective of him. In fact, I attribute our lack of closeness as teenagers to my maniacal idea that it was my job to make sure he was ok at all times. Once in college I became too self involved to hover over Jesse and eventually distance, time, and adulthood in general closed the gap between us...I hope. Cause I still worry...a little...I hope he's ok...maybe I should call him...crap.

Me (via text): I think it just makes you sound like a caring boyfriend. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

4 Comments:

Blogger Arnie said...

Wait... you're dating your brother?

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he singing "I Had the Time of My Life" to you in that picture? Cause that's what it looks like.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

3:36 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

Jesse is responding to the post about buying his girlfriend a Christmas gift and my response was in response to that. Response response reponse.

I am not dating my brother weirdo.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home