Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, January 16, 2007


It's safe to say that I'm in love with the new giant TV. I didn't know football could get awesomer, but it has.

So Sunday I woke up, put on my Walter Payton shirt (that is older than me, I think), got some coffee, and planted myself on the couch to watch the Bears game.

I was home alone. There was a lot of yelling. My apartment building is old and the walls are paper thin. After a while I decided to be quiet and see if I could hear yelling from other apartments, thinking that maybe there was another Bears fan in the building. It was silent.

Later in the evening, while teaching class at the theater, the Patriots beat the Chargers. While explaining the idea of 'high and low status' to the students a surge of screaming could be heard outside. The students stopped listening and looked toward the street. So we took a break and they ran outside, got on their cell phones to get the stats from friends, or ran across the street to the bar to catch a glimpse of what happened, and celebrate with fellow Patriots fans.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I just read this entry and had a sudden hatred for the Patriots. Though, after going to the Chiefs vs. Colts game two weeks ago, I hate Indy more.

Go NFC.

5:51 PM  
Blogger nop.bot said...

there's my boy rex!

i'll use this opportunity to comment-crap and say go gators!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home