Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, May 21, 2007


In December Bob sent me this mix. It a compilation of songs spanning about 50 years called Oldies and Newsies.

He said it was the best mix he has ever made, and that's saying a lot because I'm certain Bob makes about three mixes a day.

I'm not great at being nuanced about my critiques of music or movies, usually I just say if I liked it or not, but this mix is...well it's great. So great that while walking through the Loop at 5pm (it's like being a salmon swimming upstream, and the stream is actaully more salmon) I almost cried at a few of the sappier songs.

1 Comments:

Blogger blob bladewig said...

Jens Lekman?
What else?

What else made you almost cry?
I think I listened to that mix 50 times, then deleted it. I don't like my itunes playlists mixes to get out of control.

I haven't made you a mix in a while. There has been lots of new music to enjoy.
a mix will be coming your way on Tuesday.

-bob

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home