Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, May 01, 2007


My need for health insurance has prevailed so I'm once again looking for a job, probably full time that will let me see a doctor, or at the very least, not force me to go to Cook County Hospital if I get hit by a car. At this point I know I'm not going to get a job I love (I'm not even sure what that would be), but I would prefer something I don't hate.


A week ago, while pouring through Craig's List ads I found this:

My response: This is hilarious. Please tell me this is a bit.

Their response: Not a bit, but a test. It really helps to weed out uptight and humorless people. Guess what? You passed. Can you send a resume?

So I did. The next day I had an interview, a really great interview. It turns out it's a very good job, with good pay, benefits, and a boss with a sense of humor. The interviewer sent me an email the next day saying how happy he was with the interview and that he would get back to me in a day or two.

He never called back. I'm amazed that the really good interviews I have result, not only NOT getting the job, but not getting a courtesy call. Maybe it was a crappy job and he didn't have the heart to tell me.

The search continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home