Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Wednesday, April 25, 2007


Jana and her boyfriend Jayh have decided to live together and he moved in last week. Also, Jana has recently been diagnosed with Celiac disease which means she's allergic to wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy, breads, red meats, cheese, cane sugar...you get the picture.

Jana: It's like quitting smoking but worse. When you quit smoking you don't hang around smoke. I have to quit eating...but I still have to eat.

This has caused Jana to get a little mopey and hyper-sensitive about her body at the same time. It has also caused her to convince herself that Jayh is suddenly a doctor.

Jana: Jayh! Feel my bone! Can you feel it deteriorating? Jayh! Why has my toe hair stopped growing? Does gluten make your toe hair grow? Jayh! What time are you coming back to take me to work?

Jayh: I'm never coming back! I'M GOING TO MISSISSIPPI!!!

Congrats.

Wait. I mean 'congrats on moving in together.' Not 'congrats on being diagnosed with a life changing disease.' Ok.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take it that with the "h" at the end of "Jayh", that it his name is pronounced as if you're saying "Jay" while out of breath.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to be clear, when you have celiac disease you are not allergic to red meats, cheese, cane sugar, etc. People with celiac disease cannot tolerate a protein called gluten found in wheat, rye, barely and oats. I know it may seem that your friend cannot eat anything, but controlling celiac disease isn't as hard as it may seem at first. Best of luck to your friend.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

I wasn't clear...along with being diagnosed with Celiac disease she found out she is allergic to red meat and dairy, etc.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home