Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, February 11, 2007


I asked Arnie to bring me a good book to read since I gave all of mine away when I moved. He brought me 'The Long Goodbye' by Raymond Chandler. A story about a lonely private detective in L.A. trying to find the truth about the murder of a friend.

And segway....

Part of the reason I moved to Boston was to find out if Chicago was the right place for me. I told everyone in Chicago I only planned on staying a year but in the back of my mind I thought, maybe it will be more. If I end up falling in love with Boston I would stay.

In these six months I have fallen in love with Boston but I’ve fallen even more in love with Chicago. I didn't know it could happen but it did; like a parent learning they can love their second child as much as the first.

And in the end I am happier with the life I have in Chicago soooo....
Wait for it...

I'm moving back. Or rather, I'm moving home. A home that this time around, I choose.

This will be a short goodbye. I'll be moving in two weeks.

Chicago to Boston to Chicago.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

Oh Sarah!

I'm so happy for you. I'm happy that you made the decisions on your own to change your life and that you found out quickly what it was you loved.

And b/c I'm a sap, I'm happy that you'll be closer to Arnie.

Good luck with your move. I hope you'll still blog!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where does that leave us with Doug? Can he blog at sea? I'm serious here.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this for a move back? I've had my fill of these beans good sir now if you don't mind it's back to the wind! Of course there is infinite fart jokes that can be made on this subject. I expect 5 out of you upon your return.

6:14 PM  
Blogger matt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:47 PM  
Blogger matt said...

Congrats on your return. The city will be better for it... and just in time for baseball. Of course now I'm going to have to find a new blog.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Reading your blog is fun. Boston is great, but I'm happy you're moving back to Chicago so you can be with Arnie.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home