Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Saturday, February 10, 2007


Arnie came to the theater to see my show tonight. I'm happy that he got to see it, but it's still a little nerve racking. Not because I think he would judge me but I want him to see that this move and the job, the reason we're in a long distance relationship, is all worth it.

So I asked the box office person to put him in the third or fourth row, it would be too much to have him in the first row where I could see his face. No thank you. Put him in the shadows and maybe I'll forget that he's there.

In the second sketch of the show I am on stage by myself talking to an ATM machine. I walk out on stage, the lights go up, and there he is...in the first row, arms crossed, smiling at me. Sheesh.

So I gain my composure, begin the scene, which is silent, and I hear a beep. I know that beep. It's Arnie's camera powering on.

Regain composure. Still doing the scene in silence. Out of the corner of my eye I see him aiming his camera close to the floor, trying to get an upwards shot of me. Crap. That's not going to be flattering. Stay in the scene! Ah! This is a good scene! Don't blow it!

In the end I was fine with the show. I would have benefited from being a little more relaxed, but Arnie seemed to like it.

Later, Arnie sat in on the Midnight Show. There was a very drunk guy in the first row that started yelling profanities during one of Arnie's scenes. He handled himself well; in fact he seemed to not have noticed at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arnie said...

I'm used to people yelling profanities at me.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home