Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, February 06, 2007


Here is my train of thought this evening while riding home on the T.

Me: Blah. Blah. Beep. This is a Lechmere train. Lechmere goes to Micah's house. Beep. Boop. What if I just called him and met up with him. I don't see him enough. Blah. Beep. We should hang out. That would make me feel better. Bleep. Boop. I'm too tired right now. My phone at the bottom of my purse. I can't get it now. Blah. Blah. Is that? Yep, that's Micah getting on the train.

Micah: Hello.

Me: Hello. Where are you off to?

Micah: Home. Wanna come? Let's hang out.

Me: OK! This is the funnest thing that's happened to me all day!

So I went to Micah's and we hung out in a very Micah fashion. Sitting on the couch, watching Monty Python, trying to figure out if Rex Grossman were an animal or Sesame Street character which one would he be. Hanging out with Micah is like entering a vortex. You have conversations you'd never have with other people and you hang out for a loooong time. I'm not completely convinced that Micah doesn't disappear in mid air when I leave.

Here he is holding a pair of clean socks and a picture from a friend's wedding. He's pointing to Pete. I had no idea they were friends but they are so, pending Pete's corroborating story, Micah may be real after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

This post makes me happy.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is Pete's badass picture. As he says it's the only picture that makes him look cool.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Maria Ciampa said...

Micah is an old wives tale.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home