Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, November 12, 2006


This is my favorite picture of Arnie and me, taken in Chicago at my going away party. It's framed and sits on the shelf in my bedroom. This is what I look at when we talk on the phone.

The math of a 1 year relationship:

1 promotional campaign + 2 people who are not above painting their face blue or wearing giant ear costumes, and walking the streets of Chicago = 2 people meeting eachother.

1 house party full of improvisers + A few cups of cheap keg beer + 2 co-workers chatting till the wee hours of the morning = 1 first kiss.

1 cheesy nickname given + 1 retaliation = 2 horrible nicknames.

1 decision to move to Boston because it's what I needed to do + 1 decision to stay in Chicago because it's what he needed to do = 1 relationship turned long distance (9 months together, 3 months apart.)

1 blog about a break up + 1 inspiration(imitation?) + 1 new camera = 1 blog about moving.

107 phone conversations + 1 honest mistake calling me N, his ex-girlfriend's name + 1 lonely and crabby attitude = 1 unnecessary argument.

52 Sundays - 13 spent apart = 39 awesome days spent doing nothing together.

365 days + 1 great guy + 1 move to Boston = 1 good year.

Happy Anniversary NieNie.

Love,

Shitbox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home