Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, November 09, 2006


My new favorite TV show? Top Chef. Callahan watched it with me tonight.

Callahan: Whoa! Who's that chick?

Me: I don't know her name. She's the host of the show.

Callahan: Is she a chef? Looking at her gives me chills.

Me: I don't think so. She's probably a model.

Callahan: Well, she's made my Top 5. So now it's...

1. Gisele Bundchen
2. The chick from Top Chef
3. Jarah Mariano
4. Elle MacPhearson, and...
5. The chick that used to live across the street.


Me: What happened to her?

Callahan: She moved. I was so in love with her. I asked her out like three times. First time she said yes so I gave her my number. No call. Second time she said maybe and the third time she said she had a boyfriend. One night I was drunk and left flowers on her doorstep with a card that said "From Your Secret Admirer." Then she moved and I never saw her again. Would that freak you out?

Me: Um...maybe. But you should have left your name on the card; it's the 'Secret Admirer' part that would freak me out.

Callahan: Whatever, she was a total bitch anyway.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You talkin' about Billy Joel's wife?

3:49 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

Billy Joel's wife, Katie Lee Joel, was the host for the first season of Top Chef...but she was fired. Callahan is in love with the new host, Padma Lakshmi.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright. Hold on. Let's just Google this "Padma Laksh--

Uh. Wow. She's ...

Carry on.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she's married to....wait for it.....Salman Rushdie.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home