Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, November 06, 2006


Before I moved into my apartment in Boston the landlord, Paulie, had my room painted. It was summer so the painter had the windows up and accidently painted them open.

I haven't done anything about it because it's been a very mild fall, and I've only been reminded lately at night when I am cold, and I'm forgetful in general.

Yesterday I was watching the Dallas game (because the Bears game wasn't aired here) and Paulie came up to give me some more veal cutlets, halibut, and sauted peppers with mushrooms. I took the opprotunity to show him the windows.

Paulie: Ah what tha hell Saeyrah? You been freezin yo ass off in heah? Ah jeez. You gotta tell me these things ya know? I pay Mikey good money to take care a you guys. C'mon. He'll be up heah in ten minutes. Jesus Christ.

In ten minutes Mikey (who talks exactly like Paulie, looks like him only 20 years younger, 75 pounds bigger, and just slightly more huggingly menacing) took a blade and some muscle to the sides of the windows and got them closed. He came back into the living room to let me know.

Mikey: It's done. What's tha scoah?

Me: Dallas is up by seven.

Mikey: Ah good. It's tha only game I got today that I'm up on.

My room is toasty warm now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. I love Paulie. I hope he is exactly how I picture him in my mind.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we watch football when I'm in town in a few weeks? It'll be Bears/Pats. We can taunt each other while eating a delicious Papa Gino's Pizza.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Paulie, I want the Chiefs next week in Miami.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine Paulie often walks into your apartment in just his underpants.

And that's only part of the fantasy......

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home