Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, November 13, 2006


But what happened at "The Best of the Rest" football championship yesterday?

It was rainy, dark, and the field was filled with mud and puddles; perfect football weather. We played very well, even though everyone was constantly slipping and bobbling the ball. With two interceptions and great overall great defense we won the game.

I was so excited. I ran to the sideline, opened my bag and grabbed my camera.

Me: Ok guys! Line up for a team picture!

Everyone got in their best 'we are the champs' pose. I turned on my camera, looked into the viewfinder and....

It was shattered. Someone playing on the field beside us stomped on my bag, and broke my 4 month old camera.

Everyone quickly dispersed and went to get our Nalgene-esque championship water bottles.

If someone had taken a picture of me they would have gotten a girl standing alone on a football field, rain pouring, staring at the ground in saddened disbelief.

And in case you were wondering this is the second picture I ever took with my camera. I'm sure I have the same look on my face right now.

Score Yesterday: The Theater: Don't remember Evil Monkeys: Bleh

4 Comments:

Blogger blob bladewig said...

SARAH!
NOOOOOOO.

I'll kill whomever's shoe stomped your camera.

KILL IT!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

Sooo...you'll kill their shoe? It was probably a cleet. Hence the damage.

2:56 PM  
Blogger teagirl said...

your hair looks really lovely this way :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

Thank you. It's my 'I just woke up from a nap look' which is not far from the 'I just spent 40 minutes doing my hair' look.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home