Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, June 12, 2007


Tonight I went to Vidiocy, a short film contest, at the Lakeshore Theater. Vidiocy has been around for a while, and I've always been meaning to go. Bob and Stacey made a short film and made it to the top nine, which served as a good reason to finally attend. I had a great time.

Chicago is a wonderful city with a lot to offer, and at times I feel like I take it for granted. This mostly comes from a naive thought that since I grew up here I know all there is to know; seen all there is to see.

As said before, I fell in love with Boston, pretty hard. Statue plaques were read, leaves were photographed, overheard conversations about anything Boston related were mentally noted; and I could just be on my way to work a daily temp job.

If I sound like I lived in a Disney movie it's because it felt that way sometimes, and I wasn't averse to it. Sure, there were hardships (the VonTrapp kids had to run from Nazi's, right?) but I was ready for an adventure. I needed it.

Some of that fairy dust has followed me home, and I'm glad for it. It's time to see new things, or old things with new eyes. I want to love Chicago; the way you love someone when your ready for it instead of loving someone just because they are convenient.

[Cue Mary Poppins overture]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home