Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, March 26, 2007


Tonight Mary Beth had a birthday dinner at Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba, a tapas place. Her dad, step mom, and grandma came in town to celebrate.

I didn't know her grandma's name because she introduced herself as 'Grandma.' When introduced, I didn't shake her hand because she grabbed me and gave me a big grandma hug and kiss. I didn't arm wrestle Grandma because Lauren (Chicago native) mistakenly challeneged her first.

Watching an 80 year old woman clear tapas plates off a table with one swipe of her hand to make room for arm wreslting is pretty great. Watching her arm wrestle and beat a 21 year old girl is amazing.

After dinner and drinks, and more drinks at a bar, I was exhausted and had to call it a night. Grandma was still going strong when I left.

1 Comments:

Blogger LoLo said...

hahaha! thank you for capturing this moment.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home