Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, March 20, 2007


On our way home we stopped by a different Cracker Barrel to use the washroom.


Natalie (Daytona Beach, FL to Chicago): No matter where you go Cracker Barrel always smells the same.

On a side note: While living in Boston I got crap from a lot of people for not calling a washroom a bathroom. 'Bathroom' said in a Boston accent sounds horrible, and said with a Chicago accent sounds even worse, but at least I don't get corrected here.

Anyway...Cracker Barrel. It would be an understatement to say that I love this place. Homemade Fudge? Check. Sweet Old Lady Behind Counter? Check. Plaster snail lawn ornaments that doubles as a hiding place for a key? Check. I could stay there for hours.

So I picked up some candy sticks and a Magic Loop Toy for Arnie, malt balls for myself, and Mad Libs for the car ride home. Oh, and I didn't forget the shiny silver pen with an angel on top.

Later I told Arnie about my new love.

Arnie: I feel like if you grew up in a town with a Cracker Barrel you'd feel differently.

3 Comments:

Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

PS- It's chancellors. I have a habit of omitting single lettrs from words when writing quickly.

10:29 PM  
Blogger nop.bot said...

i know natalie! i ate breakfast with her at like 5 am in a south carolina cracker barrell on the way to dirty south improv festival. hey nat!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family used to drive to Arnie's town to go to the Cracker Barrel.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home