Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, April 02, 2007


Opening Day.

When last season ended I told myself I'd splurge and buy the MLB package for this season. But I also thought I'd be in Boston. No need now.

Last season I became pretty accustom to watching baseball and football games alone. As I said before it is more fun to scream at the TV with someone else, but without the option I became comfortable and now I actually prefer it.

To be honest, I did a lot of things alone for seven months. Eat, take walks, watch TV, sleep, etc. At first I fought it, then I got depressed about it, then I just accepted it. Although it was usually tinged with a bit of sadness I learned to like being alone. Just to think about things; including why I was alone so much. I even had a few days where I never spoke to anyone.

Since I've been back, and for the most part filled with a good amount of anxiety I've felt the need to huddle away and think just like I did in Boston, and when I do, I keep coming back to the same question now that I did then. 'Did I make a mistake?'

Score Today: White Sox 5 Indians 12

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah, you made a mistake, when you became a White Sox fan.

Royals are in first!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home