Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, December 14, 2006


A voicemail from my younger brother Jesse:

Hey Sarah it's Jesse. Ummm...I was just calling cause I had a question for you. Ummm...I'm in a dilemma. I don't know what to buy Courtney for Christmas. I wanna a girl's input who's around the same age and you would be perfect. So, you know...I don't know how much to spend, what to go for, and... it's kinda like our one year anniversary too...on New Year's....so it's kinda like a, kinda like soo...ummm...you know, you know...dating for a year...you've done that....so uh...how much to spend. Just want your input. Thanks.

This message surprised me because Jesse had a girlfriend for a long time before he started dating Courtney. He should know how to buy gifts for girlfriends by now, right? Of course I still don't know what to get Arnie.

And then it dawned on me. Jesse and I have both had two relationships in the last six years. Our previous relationships started at the same time, and ended at the same time. Our current relationships began within two months of each other. I have no conclusions to draw from this...but I do find it strange.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photoshop Doug into the family photo.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

I'm begining to get the feeling that 'anonymous' who keeps mentioning Doug, is Doug.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking your feeling is correct.

-ryan

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is their a ring around your brother's crotch? That's a little unsettling.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Walking Into Pictures said...

It's the refelction of the camera. Sheesh.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A family without Doug is a family without Love.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home