Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, November 20, 2006


One more picture from my Grandparent's anniversary party. This, along with all the pictures posted this weekend, was taken with Arnie's camera.

In the summer of 2004, while living in Arizona, Arnie bought a new camera and started a photoblog.

In the spring of 2005 he began a second photoblog, part of it documenting his move back to Chicago. Like this, it was a picture-a-day during one year. If you are reading this, there's a good chance you've seen it.

When we started dating I was surprised at how many pictures he took each day. I initially worried that he might be one of those people who takes pictures to capture memories they're not having cause they're always taking pictures, but quickly realized it was for the blog. As we became more comfortable he would try to sneakily take candid photos of me, but rarely succeeded. We would be talking and all the sudden he would get a very serious look on his face while staring me down...As if to say, 'If you are focusing on my stare you won't see the camera in my left hand at my side.'

Arnie's on his third photoblog. He decided to buy himself a new camera and graciously give me his old one to take back to Boston. On his blog he wrote, "As romantic gestures go, it's not that grand, but it'll work."

It's one of the sweetest things he's ever done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home