Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Friday, October 13, 2006


Talked to my ex-boyfriend, Joel, over IM today.

Joel: Mike's baby is cute. Please pass along congrats. I had a dream that it was your baby. Not with Michael, but just that you had a baby, just saw you in the hospital with the baby, your mom and gram were there, you were cooing and doing the usual new mom things and I was awkwardly standing there watching.

This got us talking about the blog. I told him I was worried it may be a bit...hokey.

Joel: No it’s a Journal. Life is Hokey, the descriptions of it are not.

Me: I see.

Joel: I doubt it.

Me: huh?

Joel: Meaning I think you're still worried it's hokey.

Me: uh....yep. I may just blog about this conversation, you thinking my blog is hokey and all.

Joel: Fine, but I didn't say that. It would make a hokey novel is what I said.

Me: Yes, I will misconstrue your words and make you seem like an asshole.

And later, I IM'd Arnie and asked him the same question.

Arnie: I don't, babe.

Me: Would you say if you did?

Arnie: Maybe.

Me: Huh, so maybe not, too...

Arnie: This IM conversation is hokey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Arnie said...

hokey.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arnie commenting about the hokeyness of your hokey IM conversation is the hokiest part yet.

The blog as a whole... not hokey.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Liberty Valence said...

Arnie saying the petname "babe" is hokey to me, is all.

But "hokey" in and of itself is endearing, right?

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home