Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I would say I'm an emotional person but not much of a crier. Not because I'm opposed, it just doesn't happen often.

This morning I had to say goodbye to Arnie who was kind enough to be with me the last six days. As we walked into the airport I brushed past a woman who was silently crying and looking for the nearest exit.

I don't know what it is about airports that makes people more emotional. Maybe it's the finality of the security gate, the stress of catching your plane on time, or just the banality of the place in general.

But we were feeling ok. Just small talk at the check-in and a sufficient but not over dramatic kiss goodbye. As I walked away I wanted to get an 'action shot' of Arnie. I turned around and snapped before looking. This is what I got.

I laughed. Quickly turned around. Began crying and looked for the nearest exit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Arnie said...

Hey, it's your bank in the background!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

great. now I'M crying...

:)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mags said...

That gave me goosebumps. Or is it goose bumps?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home