Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, July 27, 2006


Last day of work at the Dr.'s Office, one of my two jobs.

When I moved to the city 5 years ago the Dr.'s office was my very first "real job." After a couple years I decided to pursue the acting career again, and had to quit to free up my time. The Dr. was very happy, knowing the job was not a career and that I was finally pursuing one.

When I got hired by the theater in Boston I stopped by the Dr.'s offce to tell him the good news. As it turned out he needed some extra help for a couple months and asked me to work for him again until I moved.

In retrospect, that was the best job and kindest boss I've ever had, and it felt good to be sent off again by someone who was always in my corner even if it adversly affected him. So I left. For the second time. And the Dr. was very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home