Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ok, I know I'm going to get grief for this...but here goes:

I do not like David Ortiz. Good baseball player? Sure. And I like the Red Sox. But he's not the type of player I can get behind for reasons I won't go into now. I have been wondering when the day would come when I would accidently blurt this out and get into an argument with someone in Boston.

I mentioned this to Ryan(a KC fan and friend from Chicago who now lives in Boston), quietly.

Ryan: (stunned look).....Today. Today is the day.

Score Today: White Sox 3 Royals 7

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Papi is the best hitter in the game. He is NOT A SHOW BOAT. Jesus. Oh, and after the Twins knock both the White Sox and Red Sox out of the wild car in October, you have to post something about it so I can say I told you so.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM?!?! He's friendly, loving, a good father, a good friend. he hugged Jim Thome whe nthe yplayed in Chicaog and...he laughed with AJ Pier-douchebag.

You had BETTER learn to love him...

Carr

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will learn to love him. A show boat? Really!?!? He is arguably the most clutch hitter in baseball history. He hits the ball tremendous distances. He's a giant Dominican teddy bear. Of course he seems like a showboat. It's just charisma.

VIVA EL PAPI!!!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home