Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Sunday, June 17, 2007


Father's Day BBQ in the burbs.

After playing with these monsters outside, I went in to watch the US Open with my Grandpa. I found out that he, and my Grandma, are leaving for a month long trip through Europe, this Wednesday.

My grandparents have lived in Chicago and surrounding suburbs their whole life, but have made an effort to travel as much as they can. Every year they go on a 'big trip' (a cruise or Europe) and one or two other trips (Savannah or somewhere in Wisconsin). I believe this has satiated any urges to move and start a new life.

After retiring three years ago, they immediately sold the house we grew up in, bought a place in Arizona, and made their first cross country move at the ages of 70. They couldn't be happier.

I think it takes a lot of guts to know what you want but know your limits, and find things to make you happy within those limits, and when those are lifted; doing what you wanted to do in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home