Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, October 23, 2006


Another picture from the photo shoot. It was windy that day.

With shows, rehearsals, and teaching I am at the theater 7 nights a week. On paper it seems like a lot but never feels like it. Not because it's not time consuming but because it doesn't feel like a job. It's refreshing not to stare at a clock, or pray for the lunch hour to come sooner, or to feel exhausted after sitting in front of a computer all day.

Behind my childhood home there was a convent. My brother Jesse and I would play there a lot and take our dog on walks through the gardens. If we ever ran into the nuns they were always so nice; constantly smiling, playing with our dog, and asking us about school. In second grade I had to draw a picture of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I thought once the crayon hit the paper I was locked in to a career for life, so this was taken very seriously. A nun seemed like the perfect career choice.

Wants to play with friends all day? Check. Likes to smile a lot? Check. Thinks Jesus is pretty neat? Check. Loves dogs? Check.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

Loves dogs?

Interesting...

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home