Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Tuesday, October 24, 2006


After leaf peeping I walked down to the water. This is what a found tucked away at the end of a pier.

A futon mattress, pillow, briefcase, hand lotion, a pile of crumpled clothes, a pair of suede flats, body wash, and a blanket. No one was there.

Did someone leave this for a homeless person they saw sleeping out here? Is a college student doing this for a project? Have I stumbled on the home of the Jack Kerouac of the business world? Did I make my bed this morning?

I want to go back at night and see who sleeps here but I won't for fear I'll be killed by a crazy woman wearing better shoes than me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Investigate, I need to know more about this

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Clairesse, I am intrigued.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine this is where sharp Bostonian business go for a quick tug. Next time you go down there, bring a black light.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

businessmen....

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home