Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Thursday, August 24, 2006


Back in Chicago for a few days.

As I was walking though the airport I saw a novelty shop called "Chicago Treasures." For some reason just seeing the word "Chicago" on the wall made me get a little choked up.

But this feeling quickly faded while I was on the el. The trains were moving slowly and all I could think was 'freaking el, it's even slow in the middle of the afternoon.' Then I realized, it felt like I never left. Like I was home from a vacation. Suddenly I couldn't even picture Boston in my mind, as though moving there never happened.

When I got to Arnie's apartment I noticed that my small things I left were in the exact same places. A few CD's on his desk, vitamins next to the computer, a bobbly pin and pair of earrings on the dresser. It looked like a ghost of myself was still living there.

I mentioned this to Arnie, and he smiled and simply said 'I know.'

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh now you're in trouble, you come to chicago and don't tell anyone. and i know you didn't have any shows or anything so i'm crying inside

10:50 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

hey - i meant to say thanks for writing on my blog (that was NICE!), and that it's great to know you're adjusting okay. happy you're good. happy to get to know you better here, at least.

also, please say that you really call them "bobbly pins" and not bobby pins. i like it better.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home